District 204 Introduces MyStop Bus Tracking App
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 4/6/22
To increase the safety of our students and improve communication about their location while riding district-provided transportation, District 204 is introducing new technology to its school transportation fleet with a solution called MyStop. The My Stop app is available to all District 204 families at no cost and allows parents and guardians to see an estimated time of arrival (ETA) for the bus arriving at their child's specific bus stop.
• Allows parents/guardians and students to view the bus stop time, location, and projected arrival time. This feature is available during scheduled route times only.
• Updates approximately every 5 seconds and adjusts the scheduled arrival time as the bus is traveling along its route.
• Will show if the bus has already passed the assigned stop.
For information on how to access and use the MyStop Mobile App, view the My Stop User Guide and read our MyStop FAQ.
Online Feedback Form:
• Feedback regarding the MyStop application can be submitted online on the transportation section of the ipsd.org website.
• If you have multiple students and would like to join their accounts to use one login, please submit the request on the online feedback form.
• All feedback must be submitted through the online feedback form.
No Live Support:
• Feedback regarding MyStop can be submitted via an online form that can be found on the transportation section of the ipsd.org website.
• First Student, school office staff, or District 204 transportation staff will not answer live MyStop App questions or concerns.
Please keep in mind that this new technology does not replace District 204's existing bus regulations and procedures. Please continue to observe the following safety measures:
• Always plan to arrive at your bus stop location a minimum of five minutes prior to the arrival time.
• If you arrive late, never attempt to chase, flag down, or chase a bus.
• If a student has missed their bus, he or she should never attempt to travel to another scheduled stop location. Parents/guardians should never follow a bus or attempt to drive their child to another stop location.
• If a student misses the bus, they should immediately return home and call their parent/guardian and the student's school.
Weather, traffic, driver absenteeism, maintenance difficulties and unforeseen incidents can cause delays in arrival of school buses. Please know that District 204 does everything possible to have all buses running on schedule each and every day. The MyStop app will assist in these efforts. In the event your child's bus does not arrive as scheduled, contact First Student at 630-978-3284 to receive an ETA. Please allow 10 minutes before calling First Student. First Student will not be able to answer questions related to the MyStop App.